Friday 15 July 2016

Fan Wiring

The AK loom comes with wires for the fan; 1 wire for to go through the supplied in line fuse and onto the blue connector of the fan and two others to go to the temperature sensor. The black earth from the fan can just be earthed out on the wing mounts.

As I am using the Canems ECU, which comes with a switched earth for the fan I don't need to use both the wires at the fan end, just the one with the inline fuse so my first job was to tape off the unrequired wires and hide them in the loom conduit.

Next job was to fit the inline fuse and earth to the wing mount chassis bolt. Add a bit of conduit and then time to zip tie into place.

I have ensured the inline fuse is down at the bottom of the chassis near the wishbone in the wheel arch so I can change the fuse easily if it breaks.

In order to make the fan work at the right temperature all I need to do when I do the dash
wiring is find the black wire from the fan relay, cut it and attach it to the Canems ECU fan output.

This guarantees the fan will kick in at the right temperature as the Canems ECU uses the GM temperature sensor on the LS6 block. It also saves a lot of hassle trying to use the AK method of inserting a probe into the radiator coolant tubes or fitting a boss to the radiator.

No comments:

Post a Comment