Sunday 24 July 2016

Diff Plate

Its funny how when you order the right parts jobs seem to get done :-)

It turns out the diff bolts I needed were M12 x 50mm x 1.25 thread (extra fine thread) so once these arrived I could get on with the job. 

AK put a swirl pot on the tank so even with the diff plate there is some of the fuel line below the protection of this plate although I am not too concerned as I have used braided hose which will offer some protection. 

The plate has three functions.

1) To offer some protection to the fuel lines in case the car grounds out on speed bumbs etc.
2) To give me another place to be able to secure the fuel lines so it meets the IVA requirement for distance between fixings (the small 5mm bolts you can see are securing 4 p-clips).
3) To be able to secure the lines far enough away from the diff so that I don't get too much heat from the diff into the fuel lines. 

It looks like its rusty in the picture but its not. its actually stainless steel.


The regular followers of the blog will know this was my last job on the rear of the car........although I forgot to include the gas struts, which I have now received from AK. 

I intend to fit them once I am in a position to fit the bonnet so for now I am going to tell myself the rear of the car is done as it makes me feel happier about progress :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment