Monday 3 October 2016

Wheels have arrived!

As the title suggests my wheels have arrived from Vintage Wheels in the US. I chose the Shelby 427's and found Bob at Vintage very easy to order from. All I had to do is tell him that it was an AK Gen II and he knew all the correct offsets etc.

Including nut covers, spinners, VAT, import duty and delivery they set me back just less than £2K which is pretty good given that AK charge 2.5K + VAT for halibrand replicas.

Best of all the saving will pay for the tyres :-)

I cant fit them just yet as the car still needs to go for paint and I don't want to risk them getting damaged so sorry folks, youll have to put up with a picture in the packaging for now.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Mark, What diameter Rims did yo go for? I'm considering using vintage wheels on my Gen III they seem to have a bit more variety than Image. I need to go with 18" rims but I'm struggling to get any further information i.e. rim width and offset? Any ideas, thanks Barry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went for 17" as I had been told they offer a good balance of filling the rims vs. ride comfort.

      Delete