Saturday 5 November 2016

Time for some colour

I have decided its time to go for it and send it off for paint. The chosen colour is Jaguar Odyssey Red with no stripes (because the Mrs thinks it will make it look like a tube of toothpaste).

It should look something like below:


Once complete I'll add pictures but it'll take a few weeks as it will only arrive at the paint shop today.


Hopefully it will be early December when it arrives back, but as I have a holiday coming up it may be the new year before I can take delivery back. Rest assured, the moment its back I'll let everyone see what it looks like.

EDIT: the car received minor damage in transport! a slight crack on the lower valance and a hole ripped in the oil filter. The transport company (Grim Salvage) were great and had already paid SMS Autospray to correct the crack before they called me to ask which oil filter and oil they needed to send to replace the damage. SMS were happy it was minor and I wouldn't even know it had ever happened by the time they had finished with it.

It goes to show that problems can't always be prevented but the real measure of customer service is how its dealt with when they do arise. Despite the issues I will use this transport company to bring it back - albeit on a trailer rather than the transporter so its easier to get on an off!

No comments:

Post a Comment