Tuesday 3 November 2015

Its back from AK already

When the Cob went to AK I didn't expect to see it again for a few weeks given how busy they are so I was surprised when halfway through my holiday I received an email saying the car was ready for collection.


First, I promised to provide feedback on grim salvage who took the car to AK. They were excellent, arriving bang on time, taking their time to ensure it was loaded carefully and secure including using extending ramps due to the car being so low. The driver was friendly and it was well priced as I mentioned before.

I even received a text from them to say the car had arrived at AK safe and sound. 

Whilst on holiday in Turkey, I sent them a text to try to arrange for them to pick up the car and they were flexible enough to say yes at short notice, without paying any deposit, arranging all over text. 

Having arrived back home in the UK at 4am on the Monday it was 9.30 before I text them to check all was ok and they were nearly at AK and had the car with me by 2pm for cash on arrival.

I can't recommend these guys highly enough.

Jon at AK had also gone beyond what I had expected, not just making a tidy job of the stainless headers and sidepipes (which look great), but fitting all the water pipes which I had purchased, including the air intake and filter. I am very happy with results and this now puts me in a good position to crack on with the build.

The AK team had even sorted my accelerator pedal out so it no longer rubs on the body which saved me another job. 


So now I have a wiring loom, lights, locks and door catches which I could fit but I want to get to starting the engine for the first time. For that I need the heater, battery, battery cable, switches and gauges to be able to properly fire things up safely.


To sort the heater ill need to decide on which way to go as I'm still not sure about using the standard AK option.

More research is now needed.








No comments:

Post a Comment